Something about that front door grew on me. I ended up keeping it and rehanging it in a new frame.
The carpet came out easily. In fact, it just sort of fell apart. The walls put up more of a fight.
I was worried about removing the entire center wall, but the roof stayed where it was.
I kept for refrigerator to keep the water (and beer) cold.
But the original carpenters had likely had a refrigerator full of beer, too
The genuine ?fake volcanic rock? facade came off slowly.
In fact, I ended up removing the entire front of the house.
Their sloppy work resulted in the entire corner of the house being rotten. (That's mold).
I built a temporary wall a few feet back to hold the roof up.
While I rebuilt the corner of the house.
The kitchen walls were intact.
But the openings were in the wrong places, so it came down, too. Another temporary wall.
Ventalation was not a problem during this phase of construction.
One day, I thought to myself, this would be the master bath...
But not before I cleaned out the cobwebs.
Look at all that good plumbing to reuse.
One day, there would be a door to the pool in that wall.
This demo actually happened at the end of the project.
And it was quickly insulated and returned to service.
I tore out the old heating system, too.